Lake George Real Estate
Lake George is among New York State’s most coveted resort destination regions, thanks to its natural beauty and diverse landscape and area.
A town, a village, and a lake
At 32 miles long, Lake George is one of the largest lakes in the State of New York and in the Northeast.
Situated on Lake George, the Queen of American Lakes and one of the most immaculate bodies of water on earth, the Village of Lake George is roughly 200 miles from New York City, with a population of a little over 3,500.
Formerly known as Caldwell, after James Caldwell, a prominent merchant and one of the area’s earliest developers, Lake George was formed in 1810 from three towns – Bolton, Queensbury, and Thurman.
The town holds a unique place in American history as the site of Fort William Henry, which is now a museum. The Siege of Fort William Henry during the French and Indian War in August 1757 was embedded in popular memory through The Last of the Mohicans.
Lake George NY Real Estate
The housing market consists mostly of single-family homes and townhomes. Parcels of vacant land are also available. Many of the most coveted homes are the waterfront properties on Lake George, as well as those that provide access to the lake. Properties range from grand lakefront mansions to custom-built homes and comfortable cottages. If you’ve been captivated by Lake George’s scenic beauty, The Keir Weimer Team would be happy to help you find the perfect home here. Get in touch with them at 1.518.290.3032 or keir(dotted)weimer(at)selectsothebysrealty(dotted)com
Living in Lake George, NY
Residents have access to all kinds of attractions in and around Lake George, such as:
- Diamond Point Beach – This clean and well-maintained beach is accessible only to Lake George residents, who must present a town-issued identification card upon arrival. It’s the perfect place to go swimming and sunbathing on a quiet afternoon.
- Lake George Beach – Go swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking at this public beach, which is manned by lifeguards. The beach also features clean showers and restrooms, in addition to a bathhouse.
- Usher Park – The park features pavilions, tables, and playground equipment. Go on a fun picnic with friends and family, and let the kids work off some excess energy at the playground. Other facilities include a basketball court, a tennis court, and a beach.
- Water Slide World – Here you’ll find twister slides, wave pools, and a pirate ship cove that the kids will surely enjoy. You’ll also find concessions that serve pizza, fries, burgers, and other tasty snacks.
- Fort William Henry Museum and Restoration – Built in 1755 following the Battle of Lake George, the fort has been restored to its former glory and is open to public tours. Tour guides dressed in 18th century military uniform provide fascinating information on the weapons and warfare of the period.
- House of Frankenstein Wax Museum – Inspired by Mary Shelley’s horror novel, this monster-themed museum features wax creations, animatronics, and live dancers.
Connect with The Keir Weimer Team today at 1.518.290.3032 for more information on Lake George and the Lake George real estate market.
The Village of Lake George, NYAnchored at the southern tip of the lake in the basin is the Village of Lake George, home to an eclectic array of stores, restaurants, bars, lodging and family attractions. This is one of the most family-friendly destinations in the Adirondack Park and is also home to the Great Escape theme park, and several other children-oriented entertainment venues.
Lake George’s Many “Sides”Midway up the lake just north and on the western shore sits the quieter, smaller town of Bolton Landing. This has a much different feel and vibe than Lake George, and it’s also home to the world-famous Sagamore Resort. Further north still, you will find the Northwest bay, and northern bays and the Narrows section of Lake George, which is the quieter, more wild part of the lake. The shoreline of Lake George is peppered with beautiful homes of varying size and historical import. There are plenty of marinas and bays along the lake’s shore to store your boat of choice, whether it’s a cruiser, a sailboat or an antique Chris Craft to ride the crystal clear waters of Lake George.
Explore Lake George, NYThere are several hiking trails and campgrounds throughout the area, with many mountain summits that are a must-see, providing expansive and breathtaking views of the lake and surrounding mountains. Whether you are inspired by the gorgeous lake, the boundless wilderness, the views or the lakeside villages, Lake George is a region that will captivate and beckon you to stay.
Lake George, NY Real EstateWhether you are looking for a permanent residence or a vacation home or looking to list your property we can help. The Keir Weimer team are experts in Lake George, NY real estate and are ready to assist you today.
Overview - Last 30 days
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.